What is A UV Laser Engraver?
UV laser engraver, also called CNC UV laser engraving machine, is a kind of CNC laser equipment specially used for engraving & marking works of 2D/3D letters, numbers, texts, patterns, photos, pictures, signs or logos. The CNC UV laser engraver machine is characterized of high precision and speed, easy operation and excellent working performance.
How Does A Laser Engraving Machine Work?
Working Principle Laser engraving is based on computer numerical control technology. First, you need to make a design of laser engraving file, then, open the file through laser software, and start CNC programing, the laser engraver machine will start working after the control system received the control command. The laser beam is reflected through laser mirrors, the laser focal point downward through laser lens, where the heat is most intense. Thus, the laser beam starts impinging on the material, the material will burn or evaporate, and the color will change as well, and make a contrast. After a while, a complete laser engraved project will be finished.
What Is A Laser Engravers Used For?
Laser engraving machines are widely used in various industries of embroidery, brand processing, packaging and printing, custom credit cards, advertisement decoration, architectural models, metal fabrication, woodworking, custom smartphones & laptops, laser knife mold, crafts, leathers, shoes, toys, fablabs & education, medical technology, rubber stamps, watches, architectural models, packaging design, automotive industry, mechanical engineering, awards & trophies, signs & displays, signage, giveaways, electronics industry, data plates, personalized jewelry maker, ball bearing, barcode serial numbers, and more. With a laser engraving system, you can engrave different designs on different material surfaces. The laser beam will make the surface to vaporize. It is a good idea for someone who wants to customize or personalize something.
How Much Does A Laser Engraver Cost?
If you have an idea to buy a cheap laser engraver, you may wonder how much does it cost? how to get a fair price or final price? The laser engraving machine cost is composed of the following items:
1. spare parts.
2. software and system.
3. tax rates.
4. shipping costs.
5. customs clearance.
6. service and technical support.
A fiber laser engraver cost is from $3,000.00 to 28,500.00. A CO2 laser engraver cost is from $2,400.00 to 70,000.00. An UV laser engraver cost is from $10,000.00 to 30,000.00.
What Are The Advantages And Benefits Of Laser Engraving?
Laser engraving is the application of CNC laser technology to make text or pattern on the object. While engraving, the surface of the object is still smooth, and the writing will not wear. The laser beam does not touch the surface of the material, is not affected by mechanical motion, and the surface does not deform, generally no need to be fixed. Laser etching is not affected by the elasticity and flexibility of the material, and is convenient for soft materials. Laser etching has high precision, high speed and wide application fields.
1. The precision workbench can be used for fine micromachining;
2. Use a microscope or camera system to observe or monitor the condition of the engraved surface;
3. It can pass through light-transmitting materials (such as quartz, glass) to engrave its internal parts;
4. It can process most metal or non-metal materials;
5. The laser beam is very thin, so that the consumption of the engraved material is small;
6. During laser etching, X-rays will not be generated like electron beam bombardment and other engraving methods, and will not be interfered by electric and magnetic fields;
7. It can mark the surface of “millimeter-level” parts;
8. The laser uses non-mechanical “tools” for engraving, which does not produce mechanical extrusion or mechanical stress on the material, has no “tool” wear marks, is non-toxic, and rarely causes environmental pollution;
9. The prism and mirror system can be used to focus the beam on the inner surface or inclined surface of the workpiece for etching;
10. The operation is simple, the use of numerical control technology can realize automatic engraving, can be used for high-speed and high-efficiency engraving of parts on the production line, and can be used as a part of the flexible machining system.
How Many Types Of Laser Engraving Machines? e
Laser engraving machines are divided into laser wood engraving machines (laser wood engravers), laser metal engraving machines (laser metal engravers), laser leather engraving machines (laser leather engravers), laser stone engraving machines (laser stone engravers), laser fabric engraving machines (laser fabric engravers), laser plastic engraving machines (laser plastic engravers), laser rubber engraving machines (laser rubber engravers), laser paper engraving machines (laser paper engravers), laser glass engraving machines (laser glass engravers), laser acrylic engraving machines (laser acrylic engravers) according to engraving materials. Laser engraving systems are divided into CO2 laser engravers, fiber laser engravers (the best way to engrave metal), and UV laser engravers according to laser source. Laser engraving tables are divided into mini laser engravers, handheld laser engravers, compact laser engravers, desktop laser engravers, portable laser engravers, 2×3 laser etching tables, 2×4 laser etching tables, 4×4 laser etching tables, 4×8 laser etching tables, 5×10 laser etching tables, large format laser etching tables according to table top sizes. Laser engravers are divided into home laser engravers, hobby laser engravers, industrial laser engraving machines according to applications. Laser engraving machines are divided into laser jewelry engraving machines, laser pen engraving machines, laser iPhone engraving machines, laser gun engraving machines, laser ring engraving machines, laser signage engraving machines, laser art engraving machines, laser logo engraving machines, laser cup engraving machines according to industries. If you are working for cylinder engraving, a rotary laser engraver machine is the best solution.
What Are The Differences Between Laser Engraving Machine And Laser Marking Machine?
1. Different Definition. Laser marking machine uses a laser beam to evaporate the surface material to expose the deep material, which leads to chemical changes in the surface material and physical changes to engrave marks, or to burn part of the material through light energy to show the desired etching pattern and text. Laser engraving machine is a laser engraver kit that uses laser beam to engrave and cut the material that needs to be engraved. It is also called laser cutting machine, laser etching machine and more. Unlike mechanical engraving machine, it uses laser heat energy to engrave materials.
2. Different Application Material. Laser engravers are generally used for engraving or cutting non-metallic materials. Laser marking machines are generally not used for deep engraving. It only needs to engrave the logo content. It can mark on most metal and non-metal materials.
3. Different Depth & Speed. Laser engraving system can engrave on a large stroke size, and it can also cut, the engraving depth is far greater than that of the laser marking system; The speed of the laser marker is much faster than the laser engraver, and generally can reach 5000 mm/s – 7000mm/s.
4. Different Laser Generator and Price. The optical path system of the laser engraver machine is composed of three reflective lenses and a focusing lens. The laser is generally a carbon dioxide glass tube. However, there are many types of laser generators in laser marking machines, including fiber laser generators, CO2 laser generators, UV laser generators, and so on.
The price of laser marking machine is different due to different models and materials, and the price ranges from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands; Low-power laser engraving systems for cutting non-metallic materials are much cheaper than laser marking systems, but high-power laser is also more expensive.